Thursday 4 December 2014

Villa Group placements just the ticket for Georgie

An Events Management undergraduate is undertaking 'real world' learning with one of the region's top names in the industry.

Georgie Rainford is on a 48-week placement with The Villa Group, the company responsible for events and hospitality at Preston North End, and who've recently taken over the running of Preston Guild Hall.

Georgie began her placement at The Villa at North End where she worked closely with the Event Coordinator and Operations Management.

Whilst at PNE she gained experience of every aspect of the business, from the initial contact with clients to the delivery of a variety of events.

In addition to this, she was responsible for the players' lounge every matchday. Georgie now works alongside the Business Development Manager at Preston Guild Hall.

She commented: "This is a new project for the company which will give me lots of experience and help me to understand how the complex works. I've helped towards a variety of in-house events, as well as ensuring we exceed the expectations of clients who organise their own events.

"I'm currently liaising with marketing companies who manufacture branded products such as bottles and labels. I've designed flyers for Awards Evenings and Sportsman's Dinners and I've helped with the websites and literature both here and at PNE.

"I've arranged menus with the chef, organised a Christmas package for Deal Monster, sourced DJs and entertainment plus arranged other contractors like venue dressers. I've even helped organise the plan of action for New Year's Eve at PNE. I'm now working on No.1 The Guild, a community dance studio, Leaf or Bean Coffee Shop and Mundo Tapas.

"I'd recommend a placement for all events students. You would be silly not to do one because it lets you put your study into practice and you learn lots of new skills."

No comments:

Post a Comment