Tuesday 29 April 2014

Golden Roses boost for Events duo

Event Management Course Leader Rod Train has received a Student's Union We Heart U Award.

Rod was rewarded for his efforts to help and support students to gain employability skills and experience. The Award was presented at the recent 5th Annual Golden Roses Awards event and came as a complete surprise.

"I wasn't expecting this at all," said Rod. "I see supporting students as an integral part of my job role. However, it is nice to be recognised and to feel you're appreciated. This award is special because it comes from the students."

Lecturer for Event Management, Lynn Train, was shortlisted in the 'Personal Tutor of the Year' category. She said: "Although I didn't win it means the world to me even to be nominated, especially as it is by my students. I'm proud to be the only person in the School to be shortlisted for an award this year."

No comments:

Post a Comment