Tuesday 19 July 2016

North of England Excellence Prize is jointly awarded to Jared Handley and Gina Sinclair

Jared is a 1st class Event Management graduate who worked in Ireland for part of his placement year, then for Culture Liverpool where he worked on world class, large scale award winning public events such as the Three Queens Events, the Maritime Festival and Liverpool International Music Festival amongst other things.  He is passionate about Service Excellence and has a real understanding of the subject.  His ultimate ambition is to own a gastro pub, famous for its food, drinks and excellent service (and I have no doubt that he will succeed in his ambition).

Jared comments: “My experience at UCLan has been so incredibly valuable. I think many underestimate a degree in Event Management and don’t quite understand the depth of study that it covers; I certainly didn’t expect to be studying aspects of psychology and writing strategic business development plans. I think it’s fair to say that the degree went above and beyond my expectations.”

“It’s a great honour to receive this award. Service Quality is a topic that I have a passion for and one that intend to integrate with and use throughout my career. I’m delighted to gain recognition from such an influential and prestigious organisation. None of this would have been possible without the help of my tutors and I can’t thank them enough for their guidance and tutelage over the last four years.

Georgina (Gina) – is also a 1st class Honours Event Management graduate who has, throughout her programme been very hard working with a strong commitment to Service Excellence.  Gina had an excellent year-long internship working for Hayes Recruitment in Liverpool.  She comments:

“My time at UCLan has been both inspiring and eventful. It has enabled me to enhance and utilise my creativity, whilst strongly developing my management, business and academic skills. I am honoured to receive this award alongside my very good friend Jared, as we have both worked extremely hard to achieve what we wanted from this degree. I have learnt so much during my 4 years and have gained invaluable experience and knowledge. I would like to sincerely thank all my tutors for being so supportive and encouraging as I couldn't have done this without them! I’m proud that I have secured a great career opportunity in Liverpool City Centre with Marshall Moore, an independent recruitment firm. I'm looking forward to the next chapter of my life, and thank you UCLan for making it happen. Well done to all my peers from the T.H.E classes of 2016!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment