Thursday 7 April 2016

Sammi has Team Spirit!

Events student Sammi Churchill-Ellwood is currently on a 48 week placement with leading events company Team Spirit. She is working in the Sales Office where she has responsibility for: taking and recording customer enquiries, event proposals, supplier briefs and liaising with agents to secure acts for events. She also has the opportunity to gain hands on practical experience of live events. We caught up with Sammi at Team Spirit to find out how she is enjoying her placement:

"I love my placement. I love coming to work every day because every day is so different. I love speaking to people on the phone and building a rapport with them. It has helped me gain confidence and this will be good when I go back to University.
My favourite event so far has been an annual conference and 'dance mob' that we did in Windsor for a large, well-known company. The theme was 'Winter Wonderland' and it was fantastic to see how the room was transformed from a blank canvas to a room which really had the ‘wow factor’. I loved taking the participants from saying 'I can't dance' to them enjoying participating in the dance mob and having fun.

I didn't think that I wanted to do a placement until Team Spirit came in to talk to us, but I'm glad I did because having this year at Team Spirit will help me so much in my third year studies."

No comments:

Post a Comment