Thursday 16 July 2015

Graduate celebrates prestigious NoEE award

The UCLan Event Management undergraduate programme is one of the highest ranked in the UK and we're proud of our numerous links to the industry.

The North of England Excellence (NoEE) Prize is one of a number of incentives on offer to our graduates, and is awarded for outstanding performance in the subject of Service Quality Management.

This year's recipient is Zaina Ahmed, who said she was delighted to receive the award: "My experience at UCLan has been absolutely amazing. Everything that was taught to us helped me during my work experience.

"I able to ascertain what was required during my work experience, allowing me to apply the academic theory into real-life situations. The staff at the School of Sport, Tourism and The Outdoors provided immense support to enable me to gain the knowledge I have during this course.

"In particular Rod Train, for his mentoring throughout the three years and the strategic advice which helped me understand the practical implications of service quality principles.

"Lynn Train helped me fall in love with Service Quality in my second year, whilst Carley Sutton showed me the path towards this award and mentored me on my research project."

Dave Rusk, Director of Education & Training at NoEE, presented the award to Zaina during UCLan's week of Graduation celebrations. He commented: "This is the tenth year of the North of England Prize and Zaina is an extremely deserving winner. She recorded outstanding results, achieving the highest score ever recorded in the module.

"NoEE is a not for profit, membership organisation which works across the North of England to help organisations improve performance through organisational excellence and use of the EFQM Excellence Model. We're delighted to encourage the industry professionals of the future through this award."

No comments:

Post a Comment