Tuesday 24 February 2015

Bentley placement gives student the wow factor

Our students are encouraged to gain practical experience alongside their academic studies.

Events undergraduate Sebastian Field took this advice on board and is currently undertaking a 48 week placement in Crewe with luxury car manufacturer Bentley.

He works for the Mulliner section of the company which commissions cars to the bespoke requirements of the purchaser.

Seb said: "I spent three months working in the Finance Department where I worked on a pricing project looking at the bespoke aspects of the cars. I benchmarked against our five main competitors which was really interesting.

"I'm currently working in the Marketing Department where my main project is to research the possibility of setting up a photography studio closer to the factory so that we can more easily photograph the cars for publicity. Once I've done the research I'll put together a business case for senior managers.

"My next three months will be spent working on the Product aspect of the business and hopefully the last few weeks will be spent working in the Events Department - Bentley organise some spectacular events.

"It's a brilliant experience that really helps to develop essential skills which are applicable to work in all kinds of different business roles. It's a fast-paced environment, great fun and I get to deal with some high-end products and customers."

No comments:

Post a Comment