Wednesday 23 July 2014

Team Spirit awards at the double

Team Spirit's Katie Hodson presents Sian with her award
Events graduate Sian Waller has been awarded the Team Spirit Event Management Prize 2014.

This annual award is given to a student who has excelled academically and also practically in their placement year or in the event industry.

The standard of this year's results was so high that Team Spirit kindly gave two awards, with Jade Winder also receiving the accolade (we'll have Jade's story later in the week).

Sian graduated with First Class Honours and has a huge amount of passion for the events industry. She commented: "In my second year I was part of the team that won the UK Event Award for Best Student Event for 'Urban: A Celebration of the Arts Associated with City Living'.

"I then secured a 48-week placement with Liverpool City Council, splitting my time between being a part of the city's major public events and festivals team, Culture Liverpool, and in an event coordination capacity at Grade I listed building, St George's Hall. I still work closely with Liverpool City Council and absolutely love being able to continue being a part of the events and festivals that take place there.

"I loved my time studying at UCLan and know that the contacts, skills and knowledge I've gained through my degree will serve me through the rest of my career in an industry that I genuinely love."

Following her graduation Sian will be take up a role as Events Duty Manager for National Museums, Liverpool, which encompasses the Liverpool Museum, Walker Art Gallery and the National Maritime Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment