Thursday 27 February 2014

'Work hard, play hard' pays off for Caroline

Our graduates pursue careers across a variety of disciplines throughout the Event Management industry.

After graduating in 2012, Caroline Hinchliffe secured a role with KPMG and has made significant progress during her time there. She recently returned to Preston to share her experiences with current undergraduates.

"My motto has always been work hard, play hard and my tutors will confirm I lived up to that when I was at UCLan!

"During my studies I was offered the chance to work as part of the accommodation team at London 2012, which I didn't want to do, but it turned out to be the best four months of my life.

"I attended both the opening and closing ceremonies and met some incredible people – it really was a life changing experience. When I finished my degree I did some volunteering and summer jobs before accepting a job on reception at KPMG.

"The position taught me about the need for high standards of appearance in those sorts of roles. I made a point of getting myself known to as many people in the organisation as I could and I ended up being approached for a role with the events team. I now manage events for the CEO at Canary Wharf.

"I wouldn't have got to where I am without hard work, but despite working in corporate I feel I haven't changed – it's nice to have a balance."

No comments:

Post a Comment